Lavender’s uses are so diverse and plentiful that the herb and essential oil are found in many aromatherapy books. Researchers have found that lavender’s calming qualities slows activity in the nervous system, beauty and clean from now bath & body works coupon.
while promoting relaxations and improving sleep quality. Some studies suggest that a lavender pillow or a massage with lavender essential oil may reduce anxiety and lift a person mood. Lavender oil may be beneficial in a variety of conditions like insomnia, anxiety, stress, and as an antibacterial agent, according to human clinical studies. Here are a few easy to due recipes using lavender:
After Bath Oil
Use this wonderful after bath oil to leave your skin silky smooth after a bath or shower (without being greasy!). The avocado oil is highly therapeutic and rich in vitamins A, B1, B2, B5, D, E, minerals, and protein. The oil combination is calming and is great at detoxifying and purifying the body.
Lavender Essential Oil
Sweet Fennel Essential Oil
2 oz Boston Round Bottle (comes with a black mister cap)
1. In a sterile container, pour in 1 ounce Cyclomethicone.
2. Add 1 ounce avocado oil to the cyclomethicone and mix well.
3. Completely stir in 3 mL of lavender essential oil and 0.5 mL of sweet fennel essential oil. NOTE-Be sure to use separate pipettes for each essential oil so as to not contaminate the oils.
4. Once all of the oils are thoroughly mixed together, carefully pour the after bath oil up to the bottom of the neck of the Bottle (this leaves room for the mister cap).
5. Screw the mister cap tightly onto the bottle.
6. Allow the oil to sit for a few days before use.
Usage: After a warm bath or shower, spray (or splash if you are using a bottle that does not have a mister cap) the after bath oil on your body while your skin is still damp. Gently rub in, like a lotion.
Sleep Tight Massage Oil
Use this massage oil in the evening before bed for restful sleep.
Ingredients and Materials:
Lavender Essential Oil
Clary Sage Essential Oil
Pyramid Diffuser Bottle
Sterile Rubber Glove
Artificial Lavender Floral Bunch
1. Using a pipette, place 54 drops of lavender essential oil into a sterilized pyramid bottle.
2. Use another pipette and place 18 drops of clary sage essential oil into the pyramid bottle.
3. Fill the pyramid bottle approximately 1 inch from the top with grapeseed oil.
4. Put a rubber glove on one hand.
5. Place the gloved hand over the opening of the bottle placing enough pressure so that the oil cannot leak out.
6. Shake and tip the bottle back and forth to blend the ingredients well.
7. Use the wire cutters and cut one stem off of the lavender floral bunch.
8. Carefully place the stem in the pyramid bottle.
9. Place the cork tightly in the bottle. Note-Be careful not to tip the bottle over as the cork does not make a leak proof seal.
Usage: Warm up the oil and your hands, so as not to shock the person receiving the massage. Using a dab of oil (remember a little goes a long way) massage away the tensions of the day so that they can sleep tight.